- sales representative;
- sales consultant;
- territory manager;
- business development representative.
Typical work activities depend on the market and the setting. A basic distinction can be made between two types of sales:
- business to business (B2B);
- business to customer or consumer (B2C)
- relationship building;
- researching the market and related products;
- presenting the product or service favourably and in a structured professional way face-to-face.
- listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
- maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
- acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets;